How to get Vietnam visa for Uk citizens from Chiang Mai, Thailand?
At the present, in Chiang Mai, Thailand, there is no representative office of Vietnam's government.
From Chiang Mai, Thailand, you can get visa to Vietnam via 2 options:
1. Get Vietnam Visa on Arrival at lower cost (get visa stamped at Vietnam International Airports on arrival)
Visa on arrival is beneficial for those who live far away from the Vietnamese embassies and do not wish to send their passports away by postal mail.
- Issuing unit: Vietnam Immigration Department
- Processing time: 1 to 2 working days
- No Passport sendoff required
2. Get Vietnam Entry Visa at Vietnam Embassies: You apply for Visa to Vietnam in person at the Vietnam Embassy in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Issuing unit: Vietnam Embassy
- Processing time: 4 to 5 working days
- Your original passport required
Embassy of Vietnam in Bangkok, THAILAND
Address: 83/1 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330
Tel: 0-2251-5836-8/ 0-2251-7202/ 0-2251-3552
Office hours for public: 8h30 - 11h30 ; 13h30 -16h30 from Monday to Friday (Except Vietnamese and Thai public holidays).
- Before applying for Vietnam visa, make sure your passport has minimum 6 month validity and left pages.
- For visa on arrival option, it is applicable for those traveling by air to Vietnam.
- Please check the conditions to make Vietnam visa for your nationality here: Vietnam Visa Requirements
For any further information, please kindly contact us. We are willing and pleased to assist you at our best!
- GUIDANCE ON ENTRY INTO VIETNAM
- Vietnam Visa Express
- Visa for Vietnam – Foreigners and overseas Vietnamese should know.
- Safety Tips while Traveling
- Application Instructions
- Overseas Vietnamese Visa Exemption
- How to get a 5 Year Visa Exemption
- Vietnam Visa Exemption
- Vietnam Visa Guide and Tips
- Vietnam Customs procedures
- Codes of Visas and Temporary Residence Cards