Before you even schedule your trip, you will need to get a travel document, that is, passport. Then, you will need a visa to visit some coutries in Asia including Vietnam .You can follow this instructions which provide you useful information and guidelines to easily get a visa to Vietnam:
1. You can apply online at www.visaonarrival.net for visa on arrival (visa picked up at arrival airport in Vietnam) (for those traveling by air to Vietnam). This is safe, quick and easy. For those traveling by other ways (eg., by road, by train, by sea) to Vietnam, the visa must be in your hand before traveling. We suggest you apply online at www.visaonarrival.net code (visa picked up at the Embassy/Consulate). We will get this kind of visa done upon special request.
2. Or, you can apply for visa to Vietnam directly at the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate in your area by yourself. Please kindly go to the Vietnam Embassy for direct contact with your preferred embassy/consulate.
* Children under 14 years old:
* There is no need for children under 14 to have a separate application form filled out but two passport-sized photos and information on the full name and date of birth shall be provided in the application forms of their parents.
* Photos of children under 1 (one) year old are not required.
1. All visitors to Vietnam, should fill in declaration forms and show their luggage to Customs officials on request. You are required to fulfill entry and customs form when entering Vietnam. A new form (CHY2000) is currently used for entry and exit procedure. In cases of re-entry or re-exit without any must-be-declared items, you simply submit the copy of your entry and customs form (yellow paper) or make a new one. Cross (x) and fill the first up to the sixteenth boxes in the form. You must submit this form to customs and immigration officers.
2. Luggage, personal possessions and goods brought to Vietnam in amounts sufficient for personal use only, and not listed among noncommercial goods not to be imported, are exempt from tax.
3. Travelers' luggage as declared at Customs offices on arrival must be shown again at Customs when leaving Vietnam, except for articles which have been consumed or given as gifts.
4. Visitors to Vietnam can bring with them unlimited amounts of foreign currency, objects made of gold, silver, precious metals and gemstones or plated with silver or gold, but these must be declared in detail on their customs forms.Travelers can change their money for Vietnamese dong (VND) at the banks, hotels and jewelry shops throughout the country.
5. Travelers can take with them unlimited amounts of souvenirs bought with receipts.
To save your time, in the entry and customs form, you should clearly note down:
* Camera, recorder and other electric equipment not for personal use;
* Jewelry (especially gold) and precious stones not for personal use;
* Foreign currency (cash, coin and tourist cheques): over US$ 7,000 or other foreign currency of the same value, or over VND 15 million in cash;
* Video-tapes will be checked and returned in several days;
* Gold (over 300 g): If more than 3,000 g, you are required to deposit and re-export the surplus;
* Other commodities out of duty-free luggage.
When entering Vietnam: Visitors are permitted to bring in a duty-free allowance of 200 cigarettes, 50 cigars or 150 g of tobacco; 1.5l of liquor; and other items (not forbidden goods) of the total value beneath US$300. Items that you cannot bring into Vietnam include weapons, munitions, explosives and inflammables, firecracker of all kinds, opium and drugs, toxic chemicals, and cultural materials unsuitable to Vietnamese society (pornographic seditious publications, films and photos), harmful child toys. Breaking these rules, you will be punished by Vietnamese laws.
When leaving Vietnam: A quantity over 300g of gold must be declared and be permitted by the State Bank. You are not allowed to bring out weapons, munitions, explosives, drugs, antiques, live wild animals, rare plants, and documents relating to the national security. Breaking these rules, you will be punished by Vietnamese laws.
- How to get Vietnam visa for Uk citizens from Chiang Mai, Thailand?
- New Information about making 3 month multiple Vietnam visa on arrival
- The list of nationalities which are extempt from Vietnam visa
- Make Vietnam visa for India citizens due to the new regulations in 2012
- Visa for Vietnam – Foreigners and overseas Vietnamese should know.
- Safety Tips while Traveling
- Application Instructions
- Overseas Vietnamese Visa Exemption
- How to get a 5 Year Visa Exemption
- Vietnam Visa on Arrival
- Vietnam Visa exemption
- Vietnam Visa Guide and Tips
- Vietnam Customs procedures
- Codes of Visas and Temporary Residence Cards