FAQ about Visa on arrival Vietnam
Who are exempted Vietnam Visa?
- Thailand passport holders (valid for 30 days)
- Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia, Lao, Philippines and Brunei passport holders (valid for 21 days)
- Korea, Japan, Russian & Scandinavians (Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland passport holders) (valid for 15 days)
- French diplomatic or official passport holders (90 days or several visits within 6 months)
- Chile diplomatic or official passport holders (less than 60 days)
- APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) Holders from Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) member economies (less than 60 days)
- Vietnam Visa exemption for visiting Phu Quoc Island: applied for foreigners and Vietnamese Nationals who hold foreign passport (15 days)
- Vietnamese oversea holding visa exemption certificate (less than 90 days).
Note: in order to get your visa exemption certificate, you should contact your nearest Vietnam Embassy/Consulate to get the letter. In case, you would like to avoid the hassle of getting this certificate, you can use your other passport (foreign passport) to apply for Vietnam Visa Fee with our Visa Application Service.
Is “Vietnam Visa on Arrival” legitimate?
Yes, it is. Visa on arrival is officially issued by Vietnam Immigration Department (Vietnamese Government Agent), it has same validity with the visa you get from Vietnamese embassy abroad. You can see "Visa on Arrival" is stated well in the Immigration Laws of Vietnam.
According to Vietnamese Immigration Law #24, 1999, clause #6, Chapter II, (http://www.mofa.gov.vn/vi/ct_lanhsu/vbpl/nr040831084533/copy2_of_ns040830162648)
Who needs visa to Vietnam?
Only citizens of certain countries can visit Vietnam without an entry visa. All other citizens are required to get an entry visa before departure or a pre-approved entry visa (visa is issued upon arrival at Vietnam’s International Airports) supplied before arrival in Vietnam.
Where can I get Vietnam visa?
Getting visa to Vietnam is quite simple and easy now, that is picking up Vietnam visa at Vietnam airport.
After receiving the approval letter from us, you should print it out.
Upon arrival at Vietnam’s airport, go to visa on arrival desk, show the approval letter and fill in a form (we send to you with your approval letter). Please remember to bring at least 2 photos of passport regulation size (04*06cm), 45 US$ for stamp fees per person (1 month single) and 15 minutes waiting time. Then you got it.
How to apply for a Visa Vietnam?
You can either apply yourself by submitting the form to the Vietnamese embassy/consulate in your country or have a local travel agent (your sponsor) do a part or full of its procedure for you. To get visa on arrival (for those traveling by air and picking up visa at airport), what you need to do is as follows:
- Getting visa approval letters for filling in the form and send to us. After 1 working day (urgent service) or 2-3 working days (standard service) of receiving your final confirmation on payment, we will send you a copy of the pre-approved letter for picking up Vietnam visa at Vietnam airports.
What is "Vietnam Visa on Arrival"?
It is one of the two kinds of Visa, which is stamped onto your passport upon arrival at any of International Airports. This is the quickest and cheapest way to get your visa. You have just to fill in our "secure online form", pay the service fee, get your "Visa approval letter" within 2-3 working days and pick up your Visa at your arrival airport.
What is the "Visa Approval Letter"?
"Visa approval letter" is the letter issued by Vietnam Immigration Department (Vietnam Government) that allows you to enter and exit the Vietnam’s Airports for a given period. With the approval letter you can get your visa at any Vietnam international airports upon your arrival.
Can I use this approval letter for entering Vietnam by land?
No! This type of visa is applicable to air travel only. Three international airports in Vietnam that you can get your stamp with this approval letter are: Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi), Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City) and Danang Airport (Danang).
How long does it take to get the "Visa Approval Letter"?
It takes only 2 working days after receiving your payment notification. In urgent cases, it takes only 1 working day or even only within 5 hours (working days)
How many kinds of visa are there? What kind of visa do I need?
There are two ways of classification:
- First, in terms of traveling purpose, there are four kinds of Vietnam entry visa: Tourist Visa, Business Visa, Visa extension and Re-entry Visa.
- The other way is to classify upon the method to get the visa, according to which, there are two kinds: Visa upon Arrival (VOA) and normal Entry Visa.
What if my passport expired?
To apply for a visa to Vietnam, your passport must be valid for at least 6 months. Therefore, please extend your passport before applying for a visa.
How much does it cost?
Stamping fee (pay directly at Vietnam airport) + Our service fee (shall be paid in advance). View table of visa fees.
What is Stamping Fee?
Visa stamping fee is the fee that must be paid directly by you to the Immigration at your arrival airport or at embassy/consulate. This fee is charged for the Immigration to get your visa itself printed out, glued (or stamped) onto your passport and sealed, after double checking your visa approval letter. The visa is stamped onto your passport only if all the information in your approval letter is exactly as in your passport.
What is Service Fee?
Visa Service fee is the fee paid online to us by you before traveling with a view to getting your Visa Approval Letter issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department. The prerequisite is that our company guarantees for you at the Immigration Department, and accordingly, your visa is automatically sent from the Department. to your arrival airport’s Immigration controlling network. After receiving this approval letter, you bring it to the airport in Vietnam, pay some "Stamping fee" there, and get your visa stamped.
Can I get Vietnam visa within same day?
If you are in a hurry and you need to get a rush or urgent service to get your Vietnam visa, please follow these steps to get your visa approval letter within several business hours. Simple submitting the online application form to us (apply at Vietnam Visa Online Application Form) and choose Super Urgent processing.
Note: Rush visa is only applied for Vietnam visa on arrival, and will be stamped at Vietnam int’l airport (Noi Bai, Tan Son Nhat or Danang Airport).
What is the difference between single entry visa and multiple entry visa?
- Single entry: You can enter and exit Vietnam 1 time.
- Multiple entry: You can enter and exit Vietnam more than 1 time.
For example: You can apply for this type of visa in case you would like to enter Cambodia, Laos or any other country from Vietnam and then re-enter without having to apply for another single visa.
I am a Vietnamese, currently living overseas with a foreign nationality; Can I get a Vietnam visa?
For Vietnamese overseas, we kindly advise as follows:
- First: Vietnamese overseas (Viet kieu) are offered Vietnam visa exemption to enter Vietnam. Please directly contact the Vietnam Embassy/ Consulate in your area for "visa exemption letter". Please click here for more details http://mienthithucvk.mofa.gov.vn
- Second: if you would like to avoid hassle when chasing down embassy, and save your time, please apply for Vietnam visa online for special discounted service fee for Vietnamese persons living overseas.
Why should I apply online instead of going to the embassy?
Each visa application option offers you some advantage. Visa on Arrival is especially beneficial for those who live far away from the Vietnamese embassies and do not wish to send their passports away by mail. The other advantages of Visa on Arrival include faster processing, cost-saving and more efficient payment methods.
How can I receive my "Visa Approval Letter"?
A copy of the approval letter will be scanned in color and delivered to you by email.
How do I check my application status?
You can check your application status anytime by enter your Order ID and password from confirmation email we sent.
Which information is required when I apply Vietnam Visa?
Online Visa Applying just requires your a couples of minutes filling in the Visa application form online including the following information:
- Your full name in your passport
- Your date of birth
- Your nationality shown in your passport
- Your passport number
- Your proposed arrival date
- Your purpose of entry and your types of visa.
How long does it take to finish the procedure at Vietnam Airport?
It depends on how many people are arriving at the same time as you and who also need a visa. The wait time hardly exceeds 30 minutes and is usually around 10 minutes. Make sure you have all required documents ready to avoid delay:
- Print-out of your Visa-Approval letter.
- A passport valid for at least 1 month from your date of exit out of Vietnam.
- Passport should have at least one blank page where the Visa sticker can be placed.
- Cash US$ to pay for the Visa Stamping Fee at Vietnam airports.
- 2 recently-taken photos with regular passport size.
How long in advance should I apply for a visa?
A Vietnamese visa application can be applied from 1 day to 6 months in advance. Though it takes only 2-3 working days to get your visa approved, it is strongly advised that you apply for a visa to Vietnam from 1 – 2 weeks before your arrival date to avoid urgent fee or unwanted problems.
How can I extend my visa when I am in Vietnam?
Please send us the scan of your passport and the page containing your current Vietnam visa to our email email@example.com then we will process it with Vietnam Immigration Department to check your information before extending/renewing your visa. For more details about extend, renew your Vietnam visa, please read here.
What is “Visa Approval Code”?
Vietnam Embassy Visa means Visa Approval Code. The code to be given to Vietnam visa applicants for them to base on it to get the Vietnam visa stamped onto their passport at the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate in their country. This means those applicants will get their visa before traveling to Vietnam.
What is cancellation and refund policy for visa application?
If for any reason you wish to cancel your visa application, please view details of our refund policy.